Penrose Care, based in Hampstead, London, is England’s pioneer of ethical homecare. We provide support with compassion to help support the independence and well-being of our clients, both elderly and non-elderly persons with disabilities. The exceptional quality of our care services was part of a documentary feature “Secret Lives of Carers” that aired on BBC Radio 4 in December 2015 and can be listened to here.
Our Home Care Support Workers are:
- Carefully selected and extensively trained. All our workers hold a satisfactory DBS (formerly CRB) enhanced check and hold a full first aid certificate from the British Red Cross opposed to just the “awareness” training common in the care sector.
- Paid a Living Wage as highlighted in the BBC News, the Guardian, and Sky News to help foster exceptional quality and high levels of morale. We are proud to be one of only four Accredited Living Wage Employers in the London home care sector out of over 1,000 agencies.
- Equipped with an advanced IT system which includes an NFC-enabled time management system. This compares to the slow and problematic telephone-based time management system common in the sector.
- Provide specialist services including dementia care, waking night-care and sleep-in support, post-orthopaedic surgery re-enablement, monitoring for those with epilepsy, learning disabilities care, care for those with physical disabilities, travel care, and keeping Kosher assistance to members of the Jewish Community.
- Supported by a professional management team committed to operating ethically as featured in homecare.co.uk and praised by a client’s family member on BBC Radio 4 You and Yours (go to 32:30 into the recording). As a testament to our courage to make a difference, we are one of only seven social care providers (out of over 26,000 providers in England) to back Citizens UK‘s historic Social Care Charter at its 15 Oct 2013 launch.
We provide short-visits, day-visits, sleep-overs, night care and live-in care (however, we pay our workers’ for their time sleeping and so therefore charge for this time) including to persons with dementia, physical disabilities and/or learning disabilities. We provide both long-term engagements and fixed-term engagements such as for travel care, respite care, and re-enablement. With an especial focus on customer service, Penrose Care is contactable by phone or e-mail 24/7, year-round.